It’s that time again – time to get your annual flu shot! The CDC recommends that everyone over the age of 6 months get the vaccine to protect against influenza, a serious and sometimes fatal respiratory illness.
Every year, between 3,300 and 39,000 people die in the U.S. from influenza. In addition, tens of thousands of people are hospitalized with the flu each year. The elderly and the very young are particularly vulnerable.
To help our community stay healthy, Mid America Immunization Coalition is once again partnering with Walgreens Pharmacy and the US Department of Health and Human Services Region VII, to provide a series of FREE flu clinics for adults and children 7 and over in Kansas and 12 and over in Missouri.
Don’t let the flu get you! There is no appointment necessary to receive a flu shot at one of our clinics, and you will not be charged a fee. If you can’t attend one of our clinics, and for younger children, make an appointment today to see your health care provider. For further information, call (816) 283-6242 ext. 226.
Free Flu Clinics 2016 Dates/Locations
MO clinics – ages 12 and up only
KS clinics – ages 7 and up only
- Thursday, Oct. 20, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. – El Centro, 1330 S. 30th Street, Kansas City KS 66106 (7+)
- NEW: Thurs/jueves, Oct. 27 – 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. KCK Community College,
Pioneer Campus, 1901 Spruce St., Leavenworth, KS 66047
WEAR YOUR HALLOWEEN COSTUME!
- Friday, Oct. 28, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Mexican Consulate, 1617 Baltimore Ave, Kansas City, MO 64108 (12+)
- Friday, Oct. 28, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. – St. Mark Child Development Center, 2008 E. 12th Street, Kansas City, MO 64127 (12+)
- Tuesday, Nov. 1, 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. – Walgreen Pharmacy, 3845 Broadway, Kansas City MO 64111 (12+)
- Friday, Nov. 18, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Mexican Consulate 1617 Baltimore Ave, Kansas City, MO 64108 (12+)
To download a flier in English and Spanish, click here: 2016-eng-sp-flu-clinic-flier-updated