Thank you to our partner, Walgreen’s, for providing the immunizations.
STAND UP for your kids to keep them healthy. If you don’t, who will? Vaccines save lives.
6 Vaccine Facts
From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
1. We all need vaccines throughout our lives to help protect against serious diseases.
2. Outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases can and do still happen in communities across the U.S.
3. CDC and FDA take many steps to make sure vaccines are very safe.
4. Vaccines give you the power to protect your children from getting sick.
5. You can even make sure your baby is born with protection by getting vaccinated when you are pregnant.
6. Vaccines aren’t just for kids. They can help adults stay healthy too – especially if they have health conditions.
Visit the CDC site to learn more...
All students in Kansas and Missouri must present documentation of up-to-date immunization status based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
• 2021-2022 Missouri School Immunization Requirements
• 2021-2022 Kansas School Immunization Requirements
• Meeting Presentations 2019
Mid America Immunization Coalition (MAIC) works to ensure vaccine safety and trust are prioritized in order to promote immunization for all of greater Kansas City’s children, adolescents and adults against vaccine-preventable diseases. This mission will be achieved through CARE: collaboration, advocacy, research and education.
Learn more: • MAIC BROCHURE • FOLLETO DE MAIC
MAIC’s Quarterly Newsletter:
• Spring 2021 • Winter 2020 • Fall 2020 • Summer 2020
• Spring 2020 • Winter 2019 • Fall 2019
Are you interested in promoting vaccination?
MAIC, formed in 1992, is a bi-state coalition with a presence in Jackson, Clay and Platte County in Missouri and Wyandotte and Johnson County in Kansas. MAIC provides education opportunities for health professionals and families, advocacy for immunization, and direct service to families through flu vaccine clinics. MAIC emphasizes the importance of vaccines at every age from infancy through senior adults.