Job Summary- The CHW is responsible for the care coordination and case management of families enrolled in the Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Enrolls and case manages yearly, at least 50 pregnant or postpartum women and their infants up to two years of age, and their families, using a home-visiting model
- Assists with the on-going care coordination to pregnant and postpartum women and infants up to two years and their families
- Administers depression screens to program participants and makes appropriate referrals
- Assures referral and/or enrollment of program participants and their families in health coverage under the ACA in greater Kansas City
- Develops a plan of care with the program participant and modifies plan when appropriate
- Provides assistance in locating, expediting, and coordinating medical and psycho-social services which are culturally appropriate
- Prepares monthly reports for the Evaluation Team
- Recruits program participants to participate in the Community Action Network
- Assists with providing referral resources to significant other males and fathers of the children enrolled in the program
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, nursing, or related field experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the maternal and child area
- Familiarity with the neighborhood services
- Experience with grassroots organizations and coalescing neighborhoods and their residents
- Ability to work effectively with project staff and to be a team player
- Capacity to maintain full confidentiality of program participant information and data
Minimum Qualifications: One of the two open positions requires bilingual English/Spanish. The Community Health Worker should be very familiar with the community service area and urban neighborhoods, and comfortable working with a diverse population. Ability to work independently to achieve program goals.
Benefits: Full Time position with competitive salary and benefits. Open until filled.
To apply, send a letter of interest and a copy of your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Applications received without a letter of interest AND résumé will not be considered.
Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative is a program of Mother & Child Health Coalition.