Position Title: Outreach Worker
Position Summary: The Outreach Worker will recruit pregnant women from the community for enrollment into the Kansas City Healthy Start program. The Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative (KCHSI). KCHSI offers services and support for mothers, fathers, children and families in Jackson County, MO and Wyandotte County, KS before, during and after pregnancy. The KCHSI is a program of Mother & Child Health Coalition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with subcontracted site teams to determine prospective eligible pregnant women for recruitment and enrollment into the Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative (KCHSI);
- Coordinate outreach for enrolling pregnant women in KCHSI with local shelters, WIC, local high schools and other partners;
- Provide information that will encourage eligible pregnant women to enroll in KCHSI;
- Distribute marketing materials at places where women of child bearing age congregate (grocery stores, laundromats, beauty parlors, nail salons, etc.) for recruiting pregnant women;
- Reach out via local media (radio/TV) and social media to help recruit participants;
- Assist with the planning and coordination of community baby showers with community partners;
- Assist the Community Health Workers with follow-up case management (but does not carry a case load);
- Document all outreach activity for data collection purposes;
- Participate in monthly KCHSI training activities and events, and
- Attend Mother & Child Health Coalition’s Quarterly Meetings and other designated meetings as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Bilingual English/Spanish required. The Outreach Worker should be very familiar with the community service area and urban neighborhoods, and comfortable working with a diverse population. Ability to work independently to achieve program goals.
Education Requirement: Must have High School Diploma or Equivalency. Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
Supervision received from: Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative Project Director.
This is a full time position with competitive pay and benefits.
To apply, send a letter of interest and a copy of your résumé to email@example.com. NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT A COVER LETTER.
Mother & Child Health Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).