We’re Getting Ready for National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM)….. bringing together the greater Kansas City metropolitan community, both public and private sectors, to heighten awareness and provide consistent messaging on immunizations across the lifespan throughout the month of August.
To register your August immunization event, click to fill out the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3MDNVCQ
Click here for the poster: National IZ Month Save The Date for the “Vaccines Work KC” Family Walk to kick off Immunization Awareness Month! Please share with other immunization advocates/supporters and plan on joining us!
Have you made your National Immunization Awareness Month plans yet? We want to know what YOU are doing! We have arranged with the Kansas City Star to publish a list of activities scheduled during the month, and we want yours to be included. Possible activities include:
- Host an immunization clinic at your location
- Display immunization materials in employee break rooms, entryways, high traffic areas
- Include an ad and/or article on the importance of immunization throughout the life span in newsletters, newspapers, handouts, radio ads, etc.
- Include an insert and/or message on receipts, bills, invoices, etc.
- Implement company-wide policies requiring vaccination for certain highly communicable diseases such as influenza, pertussis, measles, etc.
- Share educational materials with your clientele (schools, food programs, community outreach)
- Share the message on social media using the hashtag #VaccinesWorkKC
All you have to do is fill out the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3MDNVCQ
Please do this as soon as you know your plans, and no later than July 24th.
The complete list will be published at least once in the KC Star, and they are hoping they’ll be able to get it in up to three more times at no charge to us!
The theme for the campaign is #VaccinesWorkKC! Please use this in all your communications about your immunization activities.
We are gathering a number of resources for you to use, and posting them on our website at www.mchc.net .
P.S. If you are making a commitment to participate in NIAM and would like your organization’s/business logo to be on the poster/flyer please send it to email@example.com by July 24th.
Thanks for all you do, and remember, #VaccinesWorkKC!