The Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative has an opening for a Lead Community Health Worker at Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center.
Samuel U Rodgers Health Center is a primary care clinic whose mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and affordable healthcare for all.
The Lead Community Health Worker is responsible for day-to-day coordination and the provision of services for participants enrolled in the Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative.
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES
- Coordinates oversight of Community Health Workers (CHWs) with Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative’s Project Director
- Follows the KCHS Initiative’s protocol for care coordination and case management
- Enrolls and case manages at least 50 pregnant women, and 50 postpartum women and their infants up to two years and their families
- Assists with recruiting and providing referral resources to significant other males and fathers of the children enrolled in the program
- Administers depression screens to program participants and makes appropriate referral
- Assures referral and/or enrollment of program participants and their families in health coverage under the ACA
- Develops a plan of care with the program participant and modifies plan when appropriate
- Provides assistance in locating, expediting, and coordinating medical and psycho-social services which are culturally appropriate
- Prepares monthly reports for the Evaluation Team and
- Recruits program participants to participate in the Community Action Network (CAN).
- Master’s degree in social work, nursing, or related fields
- At least (1) year experience working in the maternal and child area
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Knowledge of community resources in the Kansas City area
- Ability to work effectively with project staff and to be a team player
- Capacity to maintain full confidentiality of program participant information and data
To apply, contact Tonasha Sylvester email@example.com (816) 889-4763