Learn what policies will positively impact the health of KC metro families
Kansas City, Mo. – November 12, 2019 – Please join us as coalition partners develop our legislative policy agenda for 2020. We will hear from players in the Medicaid expansion campaigns in both Kansas and Missouri. Along with access to care, immunization, tobacco prevention and early care wellness standards will be examined. Don’t miss this opportunity to see the politics firsthand and gain inside knowledge into policies to improve families’ health for generations to come.
Nurture KC’s Annual Legislative Meeting
“Vision 2020: Keys to Family Health through Policy”
Friday, November 15, 2019 (8 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
Johnson County Administration Building – Room 201
111 S. Cherry Street, Olathe, KS 66061
- 8:30 a.m. Welcome
- 8:40 a.m. Meeting Overview:
- Audrey Hill & Stephanie Seger, Nurture KC Policy & Advocacy Committee Chairs
- 9:10 a.m. The Medicaid Expansion Effort in KS and MO:
- April Holman, Executive Director, Alliance for a Healthy Kansas
- Tania Hewett-Mader, Policy Associate, Health Forward Foundation
- 9:30 a.m. Proposed Priorities:
- Tracy Russell, Executive Director, Nurture KC
- 10:15 a.m. Table Breakout Sessions:
- Discussion of proposed priorities
- 11 a.m. Committee of the Whole Conversation
- 11:20 a.m. Approval of Policy Agenda
- 12 p.m. Next Steps
Interview and photo opportunities with speakers are available.
Nurture KC (formerly known as Mother & Child Health Coalition) promotes family health through community planning, education, advocacy and collaboration with organizations addressing infant and maternal mortality, immunization and child safety.
New address for Nurture KC: 1111 W. 39th Street, Suite 100, Kansas City, MO 64111
Web site: https://mchc.net/ New web site coming soon!